Sunday, March 21, 2010

CRC Day 1



Continuing on from travel day...
Got my gear somewhat squared away in my room. I was assigned a 10x10 room with a bed and a wall locker. It's not much, but I'm by myself. Most folks were assigned to 4 person rooms (2 bunk beds). Remember when I said, "rank has its privileges", well this is one of them. Our first formation was at 1500 and we marched "up the hill" to the training facility where we had to take a computerized test to assess our brain function. With so many traumatic brain injuries occurring, the Army wants a baseline of everyone deploying. I bet we'll be tested upon return as well. We then went back down the hill to sign into a computer system that tracks our movement (accountability). We then gaggled around until 1800 and then back up the hill for commander's briefings. We were briefed on how the week is going to work, do's and don'ts, etc. We then started filling out paperwork (and more paperwork). This lasted until 2030. Back down the hill in the dark and off to the DFAC (dining facility) for dinner. Since all I'd had to eat all day was some beef jerky, the fried fish, rice and beans tasted great. Back to my room to call Jolene, read some e-mail (love my Verizon wireless card!) and off to sleep...
3/21/10 Shout out to Jolene with the grammar check. Did you know her grandmother was a lay-reader? It's true...

No comments:

Post a Comment