Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Half Way There

Believe it or not, today is day 45 since "swiping in" to Kuwait. On the downhill slide... One of my room-mates who's been here for 6 months goes home later this week. He's quite excited.

Me pretty much same routine, every day.
Up at 0545, shower, walk to the DFAC for breakfast.
Back to the room for 30 minutes of internet and occasional Skype chat with Jolene. Walk to RC(S). Listen to the commander's update on the computer, go to CJ Med update and back to my "office" to push electrons. I'm currently working on the Kandahar City Major Incident Disaster Plan. I'm the "managing editor". Haven't seen one patient since I've been here.

Half of the time I work out at the NATO gym on the treadmill then go eat lunch. Other times I don't have time to work out mid-day and will just eat. Back to my desk until 1730 then off to the gym if I didn't work out. Walk back to the DFAC for dinner approximately 1930 then back to my room. Read Stars and Stripes, Skype with Jolene and read my e-mail. Off to sleep ~2130. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The only break I get are Fridays and Sundays. Friday is "Juma" or the Afghan religious day so we have "low ops" and I don't have to be to work until 1100 in the morning. Sunday is also "low ops" but have to be in a little earlier at 1000.
No days off.

As I said, downhill from here!

1 comment:

  1. http://yotayshakeit.deviantart.com/art/Omnomnom-163982672

    ReplyDelete