Friday, June 11, 2010

We're Almost There


Time is drawing short. I'd like to say it went by quickly, but IT DIDN'T! My "Theater Release" date is Tuesday 15 June. I should then fly to Kuwait that day or the next. Stay in the 118 degree heat until Saturday the 19th. Hopefully, I 'll catch the Freedom Flight on Saturday night and be in Ft Benning Sunday morning. 4-5 days of outprocessing at Benning and then fly home Thursday the 24th.
All of this assumes nothing goes wrong. Remember, this the Army.

Nice ride, huh? This is the exact car I ordered (to the color, wheels and racing stripe!) through military overseas sales. 2011 Ford Mustang with all new V6 engine pulling 304 horsepower. Got plenty of bling inside. It's being built this week and next and will be shipped to Titus Will Ford in Tacoma for pickup when I return home. Got a pretty good deal, too!
I kept it a secret from Jolene until yesterday. She says I'm having a mid-life crisis. I say "eat my dust!!!" See ya soon.

3 comments:

  1. nice ride - my favorite color, HAPPY that you are on the last of your tour and wait to hear that you are back on US soil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait for you to get home safely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how does this fit with your "smart car" lifestyle?

    ReplyDelete