Thursday, April 15, 2010

My Living Quarters



I live in a "mod". This is a fixed structure (not a tent) that has 7 individual rooms that sleep 4 people each. I have 2 room-mates with capacity for 1 more. As you can tell from the picture, we have single beds. Lower ranks have the dreaded bunk beds and the same size room sleeps 8. I have a bed, an "Ikea-like" wardrobe and night stand.
There is also 1 desk that my two room-mates use (they offered to share, but they were here first). There is also a small fridge and a microwave. The room is not uncomfortable, just functional. At the end of the hallway is a good sized latrine (bathroom) with 4 sinks and 3 showers. I've never had to wait for a shower. Not much else to comment on except the rooms have internet for $70/month for the "Gold" package that moves along at dial-up speed. I may try the "Platinum" package next month for $30 more to see if there's any difference. There's not much to do in the room except sleep, internet, read or watch movies on the laptop.

4 comments:

  1. Reggie Williams signed with the Hawks. Now, to stay off the drugs. Pete also signed some of his buddys from USC.

    MamaJama

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mom...

    I do get the news online, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. heyyy daddy. i miss you and love you. i think/talk about you every day. it still is crazy to me that you are so far far away.

    p.s. our rooms look similar now! :)

    <3 courtie

    ReplyDelete
  4. You would post about your scab. That's my daddy.

    Here's my link to the website I use for my photography. If you scroll down you should see a "browse gallery" button and if you click that you can see any of the pictures I upload. That's where the mariner's pictures are gonna go. :]

    http://yotayshakeit.deviantart.com/

    Love you! <3

    ReplyDelete